This fresh & vibrant grilled watermelon salad is the perfect recipe to kick off summer. Boring Caesar salads and garden salads are a thing of the past! This quick & easy-to-assemble salad with our light, heart-healthy homemade dressing will wow your tastebuds. Don't have a grill? Have no fear! You can use a grill pan to give your watermelon that pop of flavor. Start summer right!
1 medium seedless watermelon
1/4 cup fresh basil
2 cups fresh baby arugula
1 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp pomegranates
- 1/2 cup strawberries (optional)
Cut watermelon into slices 1-inch thick
- Drizzle olive oil over watermelon slices to thinly coat and place on grill or grill pan. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt, and cracked black pepper in a bowl. This delicious salad dressing is quick & easy to make, plus it'll wow your tastebuds!
- Time to assemble your salads! Place 1/4 cup of arugula onto your plate and top with two watermelon slices (or chop up slices into thick squares). Crumble feta cheese, hazelnuts, almonds, and pomegranates on top.
- Sprinkle basil leaves to taste and drizzle your homemade dressing on top.
- Top with strawberries for some extra color and sweetness!