Protein Packed Campfire S'mores
Because we're never too old for s'mores, am I right? These protein packed campfire s'mores are guaranteed to impress the entire family!
There aren't a ton of graham crackers on the market that we trust and would endorse, but if you're in a bind, you can use whatever you have handy.
If you're in the mood to make your own graham crackers, check out our quick & easy homemade graham cracker recipe below:
INGREDIENTS (for graham crackers):
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup room temperature water or almond milk
- Pinch of salt
INSTRUCTIONS (for graham crackers):
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a bowl first. Then slowly add the wet ingredients into your bowl. Mix together to form your dough.
- Place the dough onto parchment paper and roll out until you've reached your desired thickness.
- Cut into squares big enough to make s'mores and brush lightly with coconut oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown and crunchy.
- Let graham crackers cool sufficiently before making your s'mores, otherwise you'll end up with a melty mess! (which isn't so bad as long as you have a spoon handy!)
Once your graham crackers are cooled, now it's time to assemble the s'mores. If you're making these s'mores over a campfire, you know what to do!
But if you're making indoor s'mores, the key is to set your oven to broil. Instead of the typical chocolate candy bar filled with additives, soy lecithin, and all the things, top your homemade graham cracker with half of a Dark Chocolate Brownie RECHARGE bar. The 100% cacao chocolate chips in each bar will melt to perfection!
Then, top each Dark Chocolate Brownie bar with a marshmallow (all marshmallows on the market are generally packed with a ton of sugar and a long list of undecipherable ingredients, so the gourmet vanilla bean marshmallows from Public Goods were the best we could find).
Place your half assembled s'mores on the middle rack of your oven. Let toast for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallow starts to turn golden brown.
Remove from the oven and top with another graham cracker, and voila! Enjoy your ooey, gooey, protein-packed s'more!