Vegan Almond Joys
Almond joy candy bars bring back all the memories. The sweet smell of coconut could transport you to island life in an instant. Almond Joy Bars sound too good to be true until you turn over the bar and look at the Nutrition Fact panel. Corn syrup, table sugar, palm oil, palm kernel oil, and PGPR (whatever that means) are amongst the laundry list of ingredients in an almond joy bar. After googling PGPR, I discovered that this ingredient is otherwise known as polyglycerol polyricinoleate which is derived from castor bean oil. What? Good thing, we have a healthified almond joy recipe right here! Real ingredients only, no nasties.
- 4 Dark Chocolate Brownie RECHARGE Bars
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- Sliced almonds (optional )
- Dark chocolate for drizzle (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together shredded coconut, coconut milk, and vanilla bean paste or extract.
- Add coconut flour to mixture.
- Slightly compress mixture and pile on top of Dark Chocolate Brownie RECHARGE Bars
- Top with sliced almonds and melt dark chocolate to add that decadent drizzle!