Caramel Dark Chocolate Bites
In search of a healthier, more gut-friendly treat this Valentine's Day? Then these decadent Caramel Dark Chocolate Bites are perfect for you! Guaranteed to wow your tastebuds and keep your gut happy.
- 4 Cherry Chocolate Chip ZEN Bars
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkle of flakey sea salt
- Cut each bar into 4 pieces and set aside
- Heat a small pan over medium-low heat. Add the maple syrup and vanilla. Let it sit until it starts to bubble and caramelize a bit. Remove from heat for about 1 minute.
- Toss in the B.T.R. Bar pieces and stir, coating the pieces evenly with the maple syrup mixture.
- Using kitchen tongs, carefully place each piece on a baking sheet fitted with parchment paper. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Use increments of 20-30 seconds to avoid burning the chocolate. It will take about a 1 minute - 1.5 minutes.
- Take the bites out of the freezer and dip one side of each in the melted chocolate mixture and place back on the baking sheet.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!